Thursday, November 13, 2008

One of the most interesting blogs I have ever read

The blogger, Colby Buzzell is a A suburban skateboarder with punk-rock sensibilities, brings forth the actual soldier's perspective and voice.
Being a Punk Rocker, his music selections spoke volumes as does his words. Colby, hope you get to sit with Henry Rollins some time - I would love to hear that conversation!

First and Foremost - Thank You for Serving! Thank You for speaking your Mind! I can only say that "Sorry you had to be deployed, sorry you had to experience what you did. Thank You for being a voice to Soldiers, Marines and Sailors (my navy reservist brother returned home late last year). I can only hope you bring comfort to those there and to their loved ones at home.

Since leaving Iraq, Buzzell collected his wartime blog posts and journal entries into "My War," which was published in 2005. Excerpts from his Iraq blog also appeared in the Oscar-nominated documentary "Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience." - I'll be putting this on my wishlist!

No comments: